Sunday, January 23, 2011

How to Enable Dual Touch on EVERY app on 2.1 ROMS


So, I installed the latest DT kernel from SE in my X10 using this trick (Thanks Binary!!!). 

I am currently on stock SE ROM,
 2.0.A.0.504, and I noticed that dual touch was not working on every app, but only on some third-party apps.

So, I did some research and found out how to enable it in every app that supports it! 

It is very easy!

FIRST FLASH THE LATEST KERNEL, AS DESCRIBED HERE!

And then...

[ROOT REQUIRED]

Step 1 (Optional, according to 
arkedk
thanks for pointing out!  However, I did it on my phone, it doesn't cause any trouble and I haven't personally tested this method without it)
  • Using Root Explorer, navigate to /system, press the Mount R/W button, find build.prop, long press on it and select "Open in Text Editor".
  • After the last entry, add the following lines:
ro.product.multi_touch_enabled=true
ro.product.max_num_touch=2
  • Press Menu, then Save and Exit.
  • Delete the build.pro.bak that was created (or move it to your sd card, if you want to keep a backup)

Step 2
  • Download this file (rapidshare mirror) and, using Root Explorer, copy it to /etc/permissions. Then, long press on it, select Permissions and make sure that these options are checked: the whole first column and the first from the second

  • Exit Root Explorer and reboot.

DONE!!!! Try it on Google Maps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment