Saturday, January 22, 2011

How to Install a theme using Chewitt's Installer in xperia x10




Now I am using DarkSensous for 026. DO NOT TRY IF UNDER 026 UNLESS YOUR PREPARED TO REFLASH AND REROOT.

*NOTE* Make sure you extract the folder and do not do the installation from the .rar file.

Go to the bottom first and read all of that or you will be stuck in one step.



First you go into the the contents folder and click the installation which I show in the picture underneath.



You will see this.




Now you need to see if you have -rwsr- if you don't have -rwsr- then you need to do step 7 first.
Mines is already done when I first tried installing.


Alright now you will see this when you type 7 and enter in the CMD Prompt.


Mines is # but it is supposed to be $ since I have already done this step.

You need to copy each step one by one.

*DO NOT COPY THE $ SIGN* Just the text like it will show $ already and you just type in su and so on.


Once done you need to type in 2 for the application backup.

Just wait till its done.



Continue with typing 3.

After typing 3 and pressing enter this will show.

Just wait patiently.


Now type in 4 and press enter.

Wait patiently for it to finish.



Type in 5 and wait.



THE LAST STEP 6! :') I am so proud of you guys.

Just wait patiently now once your done you need to.


Now type in 9 and press enter.

Look at your phone it may restart on its own or you may need to restart it.


 Enjoy your new theme.



Things to do before installing theme:
Root your phone.

When doing Step 7 if you are told to.
Make sure you have your phone with you to give permission to the su command.
I am not responsible for anything going wrong with your phone because I was doing the methods and installing a new theme just now.

 Originally Posted by _calum_  View Post
You might want to include a link to the X10 drivers on the first page. I've seen a lot of people have problems with a 'device not found' error (myself included) even though SEUS is installed. I think it's mainly Windows 7 machines where the problem arises, but downloading and installing these drivers (using the device manager) seems to sort everything out.

Drivers:
http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp...rs?cc=gb&lc=en

Credits:
Chewitt for the damn awesome themes he has made and for the installer.
xda-developers for being there.
Me- For making this guide.
You- For reading this and thanking us.
Calum- The link for the drivers.

Fun fact:
I uploaded all the pictures on a site which was dutch as it's default language well for me it was like that.

What my phone looks like after installing my theme:
   

No comments:

Post a Comment